Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Wrapping it Up

So...you're all done with Christmas shopping and getting ready to wrap all the gifts, right? What's that you say? You haven't even started? You're way behind? Well, I know the feeling. Not with Christmas (though I am a bit behind. I've only bought a few gifts, have yet to send Christmas cards and haven't backed one batch of cookies yet. Okay. So I a more than a little behind.) But I am wrapping up the Language/Place blog carnival, edition #11. I've got all the links and material, just need to finish setting up a few things before I can post it (hopefully on Friday). I learned a lot by hosting the FOOD edition. There are certainly a few things I'd do differently next time. I certainly wouldn't take on the task again when I have company for a month, school responsibilities, and other issues going on. But all in all, it was a great experience; one I hope to repeat again in the future. There are some very interesting articles and stories included which you might enjoy reading as well as some poems, photo, and artwork. There is even a recipe in one of the post for a food that I love. I won't tell you what it is. You'll need to search the carnival to find it. ;-)

In the meantime, the call for the next issue is already posted. Here it is:

Blue Print Review, Language/Place Blog Carnival - Call for Edition #13 
 
Edition #13 will be hosted by writer and Lebenskünstler Christopher Allen. A native Tennessean, Christopher has lived in Germany for more than fifteen years. When he’s not editing, teaching or writing ficiton, he blogs about his travles at I Must Be Off!  (Link: http://www.imustbeoff.com/ )The featured theme for Edition #13 is “Lost in Translation: The Humo(u)r Edition". Submissions are open Dec 1-Jan 8. Posts should be humorous, on the theme of homour, an attempt at humour, or even a blatant rejection of humour. Your post can be prose, poetry, photos, jokes—but as always, a wide range of contributions is welcome. Edition #13 is planned for mid-January 2012. Guidelines: http://www.blueprintreview.de/lapjoin13.htm

As Christopher would say...

I'm off for now!

I'll be back on Friday.

 

No comments: